How to Move your WordPress Website to new Host?
Let me share the steps required for moving WordPress website to a new host:
Step 1: Back Up the Whole Website:
We all know that WordPress is the technology which relies more on plugins but this work requires manual approach. The Backup of the website requires FTP programs like FileZilla is required for this purpose. It will make a backup folder of website on your local server.
Step 2: Export Database of Your Website:
- Login to CPanel.
- Open the PhpMyAdmin page of CPanel.
- Select the database of your WordPress website.
- Click Export tab lying on the left sidebar of the page.
- Select Quick Export.
- Click the Go button and process will begin.
Step 3: Create WordPress Database On New Host:
- Open MySQL Database in CPanel of the new server.
- Create a new Database with the appropriate name.
- Create a MySQL user.
- Add the MySQL user to the new database and grant privileges to it.
Step 4: Configure wp-config.php File:
1. Change Database Name:
The db_name of the file contains database name of the old web server. All you have to do is to change this name to the new database which was created a step before this.
2. Change Username of Database:
In this line, you need to change the db_user to the newly created MySQL user.
3. Change The Database User Password:
The db_pass section should be changed with newly created database password. After making all these changes, save the file and proceed to next step.
Step 5: Import Your Database:
Step 6: Upload Website To Your New Host:
- Open FTP program on your computer and connect Web Host.
- Upload Website using Remote Directory.
- Also, upload updated wp-config.php file.
- Wait for Uploading process to complete
Step 7: Linking of New URL and Defining New Domain:
This issue has a solution. You have to replace DB script which allows the old links to redirect users to the new site.